Avocado and Bean Tostadas

August 3, 2017 in Food

Since I’ve moved to Las Vegas I’ve had to find different ways to help me adjust to the hotter weather. An easy way I found to keep cool and fresh this summer was to use recipes that didn’t require me to use the stove or oven. Because let’s face it guys, the stove AND especially the oven are not your friends when it’s hot out!

For today’s post I’ve partnered with Bush’s Beans to share with you all one of my go to recipes this summer, Avocado and Bean Tostadas! Like I mentioned earlier, I try not to use the oven when preparing meals since it tends to heats up my house. I had to really get creative with some meals that feel both filling and satisfying!

The two main ingredients in this tostada spread are avocado and beans! I’m obsessed with avocados and so the mix of avocados and beans was a no brainer. For this recipe I like to use two different beans because they are healthy and give the spread more flavor.

Bush Beans Avocado Tostadas

For the spread I used the black and kidney beans both from Bush’s Beans! I love how Bush’s Beans offer a variety of beans as well as have both regular and reduced sodium beans! For this recipe I prefer to use the reduced sodium version since I’m trying to reduce my daily sodium intake.

Bush’s Beans are always available at Wal-Mart for an everyday low price that you just can’t beat anywhere else. Every time I go to Wal-Mart, their Bush’s Bean display is fully stocked with all the different beans! Makes life easier! Right?

Bush Beans Avocado Tostadas Bush Beans Kindney Beans Bush Beans Black Beans Dip Easy Recipe Dip

So if you’re looking for an easy and healthy meal or snack to make this summer, keep reading to find out how I make these Avocado and Bean Tostadas!

By the way, these tostadas make a perfect side dish for your summer barbeques or as a snack for game day!

Bean Bush Avocado Tostadas

Ingredients

1 can Bush’s Black Beans

1 can Bush’s Kidney Beans

1 avocado

1-diced tomato

Chopped onion

Lemon juice

Pinch of salt

Directions

Take your can of beans and place the beans in a strainer. Run cold water to rinse the beans. I like to leave the beans to drip while I prepare the rest of the ingredients!

Next peel and mash your avocado in a bowl. Place your diced tomato and chopped onion in the bowl and mix the avocado with the tomato and onion. Don’t forget to grab those beans from the strainer and place them in the bowl and lightly mix them into the rest of the mix.

Then, take a lemon and squeeze it into the bowl (this provides more flavor.) Now take a pinch of salt and drizzle it over the bowl and mix. You can add more salt depending on your liking. I’m trying hard to reduce my salt intake, so a pinch of salt was good for me : )

Lastly, grab a cover to place over the bowl and put the bowl in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving.

You can use tortilla chip and use this mix as a dip or as a spread on your tostada like I did! It’s SO good and hardly takes any time to make!

Bean Bush Avocado Tostadas

What Bush’s Beans is your favorite? Comment down below, I would love to know!

XO Rosey

SaveSaveSaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSaveSaveSave

SaveSave

You Might Also Like

16 Comments

• Reply Sarah Bailey August 3, 2017 at 11:20 am

I have to admit I’ve never tried making much with avocado, but I’ve been thinking lately it is so good for you I really should try using it more in meal ideas. So I’ll have to try this.

• Reply Pinspired Girl August 3, 2017 at 12:34 pm

Yum! Thank you for sharing. I have pinned this delicious recipe :)!

• Reply Alicia Taylor August 3, 2017 at 1:41 pm

This looks delicious – and so simple! I even have everything to make it.

• Reply Bobby Hill August 3, 2017 at 2:03 pm

Looks very delicious recipe I have to try this with my family.

• Reply kellyhutchinson37920 August 3, 2017 at 3:42 pm

I love a recipe that is simple, delicious and healthy. This fits the bill on all three!

• Reply Claudia Krusch August 3, 2017 at 6:18 pm

I am always looking for new recipes to try. This Avocado and Bean Tostadas recipe looks so delicious and easy to make. I will have to give it a try on the weekend.

• Reply parentingpatch August 3, 2017 at 9:09 pm

You had me at avocado and beans. Your Avocado and Bean Tostadas recipe looks so delicious and easy to make. Super yummers!

• Reply Ruth I. August 4, 2017 at 5:04 am

I know only one recipe using avocado, with sugar and powdered milk. This recipe is so interesting I want to try it soon. It looks so good!

• Reply Jessica Taylor August 4, 2017 at 6:53 am

I love anything with avocado, so I bet this would be really good! This recipe looks amazing and super easy!

• Reply On Women's mind August 4, 2017 at 6:05 pm

I m not a big fan of avocado, yes I know it’s really healthy ..but I love beans. I must say the way you made it, it look so simple and good that I would like to try this avocado and beans recipe .

• Reply toastycritic August 4, 2017 at 10:45 pm

I love a good avocado dip. It really looks amazing. I am not sure I would have done beans with it but it does look delicious.

• Reply Blair Villanueva August 6, 2017 at 8:58 am

I love avocado and I know this recipe would be delicious! Thanks for sharing your lovely recipe 🙂

• Reply Son Nguyen August 6, 2017 at 9:45 am

Wow I never know I could make such a delicious dish with avocado.. It looks beautiful too, cant wait to make one myself. Thanks for the post 😀

• Reply eazynazy August 6, 2017 at 7:30 pm

I Love Avocado and this looks delicious, Thanks for the recipe am gonna make it next weekend 🙂

• Reply Amila Wickramarachchi August 6, 2017 at 10:10 pm

This recipe sounds interesting.In Singapore I don’t find Avacado easily.I will check next time when I shop and give this a try.Sounds like an easy recipe.

• Reply Befitting Style August 7, 2017 at 2:53 pm

I love avocados!!! They’re so delicious and so good for you! & so are beans! Great source of protein!

• Stop by and say Hi!