30 Things I Learned in 30 Years!

August 1, 2017 in Life

Happy August 1st guys! and Happy Birthday to ME!!! Honestly guys, I’m having bittersweet feelings right about now…

First off, I’m happy that I am here today to live another year and have the opportunity to become a better person and continue to chase my dreams!

However, if you haven’t yet noticed the title of this post, today I turned 30!!! OHHHH MY GOOOD!! It’s still very UNREAL to me! I’ve always talked about 30 being a big year that seemed so VERY distant. But let’s get real here, I’m actually there and I’m still shook about the entire thing! Like what?! No! Where did time seriously go?

Birthday Post Rosey Everyday Big 30

These past few months have been crazy for me! I have SO many things going on and I can’t wait to share with you all! But, I have had my birthday in the back of my mind for a while now. Quite honestly I was terrified of turning 30! These last couple of years I cringed when I would tell people my age, for fear that I was getting old! I was actually a bit nervous writing this post, but I knew I had to do it for myself in order to document a big year in my life! Or I would regret it! And here I thought my quarter of a Century birthday was a big deal….

“Fine like Wine!”

Birthday Post Rosey Everyday Big 30

If I rewind time back to when I was in high school, I remember as if it was yesterday (honestly guys, like where does time go?!!) me telling my close friend at the time that I was going to graduate early, finish college by 20 and be married by 22 and to top it off have my first baby at 24! Oh my! Like what was I thinking? I’m sure many of us have had this idea in our minds of how our life was going to be and had mentally set a certain age as a milestone of when a big event in our life was going to take place. Am I right? Or am I the only one?

Birthday Post Rosey Everyday Big 30

Like I mentioned earlier, I was so stuck on those milestones that I had set when I was a freshman in high school. So when I realized my birthday was coming up and I was turning the big 3 – 0, I had to take a step back and analyze my life for a sec. I realized that 30 is just a number, it doesn’t define who I am. And no I’m not getting old! I’m still very young! : )

Birthday Post Rosey Everyday Big 30

Yes, I had a plan, but life happens and we are all in the place we are meant to be. I mean come on, I was in high school when I set these milestone goals, I was still a child.

I had to mentally separate myself from my younger self and conclude that I am in the right place. If I had followed through with my life timeline from high school, I would have missed out on things that I am so grateful for being able to have experienced. Not to mention finishing college by age 20 seems crazy!

Birthday Post Rosey Everyday Big 30

Today I’m 30 and I am proud of my life journey! I can say that I have really lived! I have lived in 3 places outside of my hometown of Santa Cruz, California. I have experienced different cultures and have really grown to be an independent woman! Not many people can say that! I have a handsome and very supportive fiancé and a cute fur baby that is honestly like my child. Lol. Everyone has their own journey and mine is still alive and ongoing, i’m learning everyday!

“30’s ARE the NEW 20’s”

Birthday Post Rosey Everyday Big 30

As for my plans, I am getting closer and closer each and everyday to reaching my lifetime goals! I’m working hard everyday to make my dreams come true!

In honor of my birthday, I wanted to share 30 Things I learned in my 30 Years of living. Lol. Still can’t get over it!

Birthday Post Rosey Everyday Big 30

I wanted to create a list instead of writing a full thoughts and opinion on each thing I learned. I think it’s easier that way, since this blog post is already a long one…. Eek! By the way guys, I may or may not film a YouTube video where I elaborate on each thing I learned. So keep an eye out for that, and make sure to subscribe to my channel so you get a notified when I upload!

30 Things I learned in 30 Years Rosey Everyday

Hope you all enjoyed today’s post! Did my list of things I learned help you?

XO Rosey

SaveSaveSaveSave

SaveSaveSaveSave

You Might Also Like

28 Comments

• Reply robin rue August 1, 2017 at 11:17 am

Sounds like you’ve already learned most of the important life lessons. I didn’t learn most of the important things in my life until after I had kids 🙂

• Reply Sarah Bailey August 1, 2017 at 11:43 am

Happy Birthday! It sounds like you have learnt some amazing things, I’m 31 and I still feel really young as well haha!

• Reply Melissa Javan (@melissa_nel) August 1, 2017 at 12:06 pm

Great list of things you learned – love nr 6! Happy birthday honey

• Reply makeamomsmile August 1, 2017 at 12:57 pm

Happy dirty thrity, hope you enjoy your birthday! I just turned 32 last week… I feel like 30’s are so much better than 20’s. Now you can take those 30 things you learned and jump head first into the 30’s!

• Reply parentingpatch August 1, 2017 at 1:04 pm

I can definitely say that I am enjoying my 30s more than my earlier years. Life just gets better because you stop worrying so much about the insignificant things.

• Reply Corinne & Kirsty 🌸 (@corinnekirsty) August 1, 2017 at 1:09 pm

Happy birthday! Great lit of things you learnt. Still 5 years before I get 30 but good that I get to know about some lessons

• Reply Jessica Taylor August 1, 2017 at 1:54 pm

Happy birthday! 30 is such a great milestone! Sounds like you’ve had a great life up until this point 🙂

• Reply Lisa Favre August 1, 2017 at 2:30 pm

30 is such an exciting time! Looks like some great lessons you’ve learned and truly, every single day is a learning experience. Enjoy it to the fullest!

• Reply Marissa August 1, 2017 at 2:50 pm

Beautiful pictures and wise words!

• Reply Samantha Carter August 1, 2017 at 3:49 pm

I’m turning 30 soon myself, and your post is a great reminder of all the great things I’ve learned so far in life. Happy birthday!!!

• Reply Rose August 1, 2017 at 7:45 pm

Well if 30 is the new 20’s then 40’s are the new 30’s, right? I agree with you when you get older things come into a different perspective. There’s more importance put in some areas and less where it used to be.

• Reply Esse D August 1, 2017 at 8:11 pm

I definitely share your sentiments. I turned 30 in April and felt the pressure of realizing my goals. I set so many of them in high school and college and now it seems I’m trying to eat and elephant to accomplish them. Just remember to take one day at a time and don’t rush progress. Happy Birthday and I wish you many more!

• Reply Mimi August 1, 2017 at 8:47 pm

Love it! Found it to be helpful and glad to not be the only feeling like this.

• Reply Donna August 1, 2017 at 10:19 pm

Happy birthday again sis! Love all the the photos you look beautiful ! & you deff don’t look like you’re 30!

• Reply livanie´s August 2, 2017 at 1:25 am

I also just turned 30 and i totally agree with you that 30 is the new 20. we are young but we have money to do things we like. I think its the best age 🙂

• Reply Nay @ beautyaddictmama August 2, 2017 at 5:52 am

I’m in my 30s too and apart from having two small kids, I still feel exactly the same as I always did! Somehow 30 does seem to be ‘younger’ than it did when I was a teen. Most of my friends and I are still figuring our lives out.

• Reply Mai nguyen August 2, 2017 at 6:14 am

It quite late but I wanna say Happy birthday, best wishes to you. Your advise is very useful to me and anyone who still you. Youth isnt endless, so we have make use full of it, dont watse your youth.

• Reply Claudia Krusch August 2, 2017 at 6:16 am

Happy birthday! The time really does fly by in your 20’s. I find as I am getting older I feel a lot more confident in myself.

• Reply Ruth I. August 2, 2017 at 6:26 am

Most people say age is just a number, it definitely is. I like how this helped me to know and what to expect when I get there. Such a good article dear.

• Reply Muna Kenny August 2, 2017 at 6:45 am

Smart girl! I learned a lot when I entered my thirties. The numbers do not really matter it’s how you think and how you live your life, plus the decision you make.

• Reply Brandi with BigFitFam.com August 2, 2017 at 7:01 am

This is a great list and definitely so true once you hit your 30’s! It’s crazy how different your perspective is from 20 to 30!

• Reply Le August 2, 2017 at 9:19 am

Happy belated birthday! The time really does fly by in your 20’s. I find as I am getting older I feel a lot more at ease about all my earlier and crazier goals

• Reply EasterBabe August 2, 2017 at 9:11 pm

This is a great post! I love your photos. ‘Love Yourself’ definitely has to be at the top of the list.

• Reply toastycritic August 3, 2017 at 7:17 am

Happy 30th. You still look amazing, 30 or no. For me I never really had an emotional reaction to thirty. Ironically 25 was much more difficult for me, but for an entirely different set of circumstances.

• Reply Becca @ Homemakers In Action August 3, 2017 at 8:36 am

30s are the new 20s 🙂 I love it!

• Reply Toni August 3, 2017 at 10:43 am

What an awesome list. I love all of them but working to live or living to work is something I’m thinking about right now

• Reply This Life, By Us August 3, 2017 at 12:39 pm

This is awesome! I am turning 30 this year too! Such a big milestone, but I couldn’t agree more!

• Reply Bobby Hill August 3, 2017 at 2:02 pm

Can’t wait to reflect on when I am thirty too. Great post congratulations and happy birthday.

• Stop by and say Hi!