Planning a Watch Party

June 16, 2017 in Food

Today’s post is sponsored by Queen of the South and USA Network but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.

Hi friends! I don’t know about you guys, but I love to watch a good show. But what’s even better is watching it with friends and loved ones! Am I right?

Lately my fiancé and I have been binge watching one show, Queen of the South! I have been obsessed with this show! Queen of the South is one of those shows that keeps you wanting more! Your eyes stay glued on the screen waiting to see what else happens with Teresa Mendoza, the show’s main character.

For today’s blog post I wanted to share with you how I put together some snacks for our watch party.

Queen Of The South Watch Party USA Network Rosey Everyday

Queen of the South

For those of you who are hearing about this show for the first time, I would like to give you a little summary of what you can expect from this show. Oh, and don’t worry I won’t spoil anything for you. Teresa Mendoza is the main character in the show. The story really starts when she begins dating Guero, a member of a drug cartel. Teresa soon falls into an entirely different world filled with money, shopping trips and a huge house. As you know drug cartels are risky business and Teresa learns the hard way of what she has gotten herself into. Queen of the South is filled with lots of action and keeps you entertained until the very end of each episode.

Season 2 is already here! Catch up on Season 1 if you haven’t already, it’s conveniently available for you to watch on Netflix. Also, make sure to tune in to Queen of the South every Thursday at 10/9c.

Click here to watch full episodes from Season 2, also click here for behind the scenes clips and more!

#QueenOf Optimism

I would like to say I’m #QueenOf Optimism I stay positive and hopeful with all situations whether they are good or bad. Being an optimistic person has helped me overcome bad days in my life. Life isn’t always going to be perfect, but you can always choose to see the good in a bad situation. Being hopeful gives me strength to do better and continue moving forward and achieving more goals.

Queen of the South Watch Party

I like to change things up a bit and have a Watch Party for when my fiancé and I watch Queen of the South!

Queen Of The South Watch Party USA Network Rosey Everyday

Having snacks while we watch the show makes all the difference, it’s almost like if we went to the movies and got a bunch of snacks, but in the comfort of our own home.

Queen Of The South Watch Party USA Network Rosey Everyday

I like to stick to healthy snacks when it comes to our Watch Parties. For this specific Watch Party I wanted a mixture of different snacks. The snacks included were: grapes, honey-roasted peanuts and cheez-it crackers!

Queen Of The South Watch Party USA Network Rosey Everyday

I put the snacks in little bowls to make it easier to grab and munch while we watched the show.

Queen Of The South Watch Party USA Network Rosey Everyday

I also made some ham and cheese sandwiches with a little mayonnaise and cut them in little square to make them a little more finger food friendly.Queen Of The South Watch Party USA Network Rosey Everyday

Of course we needed some drinks to go with our Queen of the South inspired snacks. So I created pineapple margaritas and named them The Teresa Margaritas! Tasted so good!

The snacks and drinks took our watching experience to the next level. I suggest you guys put together a snack table and drinks during your next watch party!

Let me know your thoughts on the show if you’re watching it too? Or if you plan to watch the show.

XO Rosey

SaveSaveSaveSave

You Might Also Like

23 Comments

• Reply Noemi June 16, 2017 at 10:49 pm

Great idea!

• Reply Sarah Bailey June 17, 2017 at 11:13 am

I haven’t heard of Queens of the South before, but I am totally up for throwing a party and watching it right from the start.

• Reply Heather Johnson June 17, 2017 at 3:19 pm

I have not heard of Queens of the South before. I have also never done a watch party. Your goodies look super tasty!

• Reply faithhopelove627 June 17, 2017 at 4:39 pm

Haven’t heard of this show before, but usually USA shows are great (Psych, Burn Notice, etc ). I will have to try it out on Netflix. My hubby and I do watch parties of our favorite shows. Currently, Big Bang Theory. We do snacks too, similar to yours. 🙂

• Reply Bobby Hill June 17, 2017 at 9:01 pm

Sound like a great show I gotta check it out since I need a new show to watch

• Reply Pooja Mumsandbabies June 17, 2017 at 10:10 pm

This is totally something new i have heard as didn’t know like watch party exist but sounds fun.

• Reply Elizabeth June 17, 2017 at 10:20 pm

Great snacks! I too like having a nice nibble table there for when we’re watching out favourite shows.

• Reply akamatra June 18, 2017 at 10:42 am

Ugh it’s been so long since I watched any show I can’t even remember when the last time was! I love the details you put into preparing the snacks!

• Reply New Labels Only June 18, 2017 at 10:50 am

I would love to do this and your snack ideas are so great and also inexpensive! Personally I would go for Games of Thrones

• Reply The Brainy Mama June 18, 2017 at 11:24 am

Silly, but the first thing that I remembered when I read the title is a party in which a watch (wrist watch) will be launched. By the way, this sounds like a really nice concept.

• Reply raisingyourpetsnaturally June 18, 2017 at 11:26 am

How fun. These look like great party snacks. That drink looks very refreshing.

• Reply Chemady June 18, 2017 at 1:53 pm

This sounds interesting. Those snacks looks yummy and the drink good.

• Reply Anosa June 18, 2017 at 2:12 pm

I haven’t heard of this show but will be having a look out for it. I look a good series, especailly when its already finished a season or 2 so you can binge watch lol We normally make some popcorn so it is still warm when your eating it

• Reply fashionmommywm June 18, 2017 at 3:01 pm

I love the idea of a party for your favourite tv show, sounds like such fun.

• Reply Sondra Barker June 18, 2017 at 8:07 pm

I’ve seen the preview for Queen of the South and it does look pretty good. Watch parties are such a great way to meet up with friends, I love it.

• Reply Tori June 18, 2017 at 8:58 pm

Your tips are very helpful. This is the perfect guide and suggestions for snacking and not feeling guilty while watching TV.

• Reply Amanda Love June 19, 2017 at 12:20 am

This is my first time hearing about this show. It sounds interesting and it’s definitely nice to watch it with snacks and with your friends as well.

• Reply Nancy June 19, 2017 at 3:16 pm

#QueenOf Optimism is now in my filofax To-Watch list section (Yeah am a planner like that because I enjoy a good ole bing-watch during my down times) Loving the new name: Teresa Magaritas 🙂

• Reply toastycritic June 19, 2017 at 8:37 pm

Sounds interesting to me. I had never watched Queen of the South but it does sound like an interesting show. I love that you are the Queen of optimism.

• Reply lex June 20, 2017 at 12:32 am

never knew one could have such party, tv and plans like this is nice as one feels closer to whatever they watch while they snackup on all thats available.

• Reply Elizabeth O June 20, 2017 at 1:16 am

I’ve seen a few previews of the show and it looks fantastic. This show has everything; drama, intrigue, love, hate … You name it.

• Reply Rain Dazed (Entertainment) June 20, 2017 at 8:59 am

oh boy…as if i need another netflix show to be addicted to….lol…but, if I can come to your watch party and sip on some drinks i’m in…haha.

• Reply Michelle June 28, 2017 at 11:56 pm

Aah – just love having girls nights in watching good shows. I haven’t seen this one but will definitely look out for it now 🙂 Thank you

• Stop by and say Hi!